All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionModeling of Chemical Wear is a one-stop resource for students, researchers and professionals seeking quick and effective tribological evaluations of environmentally friendly and energy efficient products. This book considers optimizing additive combinations by proper methodology, bridging the gap between theory and practice. It defines effective approaches to evaluate antiwear chemical additives commonly used in industry, enhancing the mapping ability of their performance to reduce the extent of full scale evaluations.
- Author BiographyWith 38 years of research experience in basic and applied tribology, Dr Sethuramiah's major interest lies in boundary lubrication and wear. He has worked as a UNESCO fellow and as a research scholar at Tokyo Institute of Technology during 1969-73 where he was awarded a D Engg degree. He is a past president of the Tribology Society of India (TSI) and authored the book, 'Lubricated Wear-Science and Technology' in 2003. Currently he is pursuing his interest in tribology research through interaction with faculty and students at VIT Vellore, IISc Bangalore, and IIT (BHU) Varanasi. He continues his association at a national level as a life member of TSI through his teaching of tribology and related subjects. Dr Sethuramiah was awarded the lifetime achievement award in R&D by TSI. Dr Rajesh Kumar completed his PhD in the area of running-in and steady state wear processes in 2002 from IIT Delhi. His current research interests at IIT (BHU), Varanasi cover MEMS, probabilistic machine design, optimization, DOE and tribology. He participates in collaborative tribochemistry research with the Department of Chemistry. He is a life member of the Tribology Society of India. Dr Kumar's work on estimation of wear coefficient in a short duration test of real engines under lubricating condition was given the best paper award in an International Conference on Industrial Tribology (ICIT 2006), at IISc Bangalore.
- Author(s)A. Sethuramiah,Rajesh Kumar
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.