All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModeling the Environment was the first textbook in an emerging field - the modeling techniques that allow managers and researchers to see in advance the consequences of actions and policies in environmental management. This new edition brings the book thoroughly up to date and reaffirms its status as the leading introductory text on the subject. System dynamics is one of the most widely used methods of modeling. The fundamental principles of this approach are demonstrated here with a wide range of examples, including geohydrology, population biology, epidemiology, and ecomics. The applications demonstrate the transferability of the systems approach across disciplines, across spatial scales, and across time scales. All of the models are implemented with stock and flow software programs such as Stella and Vensim, which are easy for students to learn and use.
- Author BiographyAndrew Ford is professor of environmental science at Washington State University, where he teaches system dynamics modeling. He has developed a wide range of models dealing with energy and environmental policy. His simulation of uncertainty in dynamic models was honored with the Jay Wright Forrester Award as an outstanding contribution to the field of system dynamics.
- Author(s)Andrew Ford
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight703 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.