All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis wide-ranging book, written by an experienced railway modeller, demonstrates how, with a little patience, you can produce accurate and realistic models of goods trains, sheds and yards. It presents detailed step-by-step projects and covers basic card-kit building, 'kit bashing' and scratch building. Written in an easily understandable style, this fascinating work is aimed at all those railway modellers who wish to authentically replicate the way goods were moved and handled on Britain's railways during the steam era.
- Author BiographyTerry Booker was born at the outbreak of the Second World War and grew up in a small village at the foot of the Berkshire Downs close to the main line from Paddington to the West Country. He was lucky enough to witness the last months of the old GWR, the early 'Golden Years' of British Railways and the last steam-hauled freight trains in West Germany. Terry has had a lifelong interest in railway modelling and enjoys exhibiting his work. His highly acclaimed loft-layout, Wessex Lines, has featured on video, DVD and on the pages of Railway Modeller and Model Rail.
- Author(s)Terry Booker
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note245 colour and b&w photographs
- Weight535 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.