All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis book models price behaviour and forecasts prices in the dry bulk shipping market, a major component of the world shipping industry. Recent uncertainties in the world ecomy, shipbuilding developments and fleet changes mean the dry bulk shipping market has become extremely volatile, highly speculative and more sensitive to external shocks. In response to these challenging circumstances, this book models price behaviour and forecasts prices in various markets including the freight market, the new build ship market and the second-hand ship market. The authors have carried out an extensive investigation of dry bulk shipping over a 60-year period in diverse sub-markets, trading routes, market conditions and dry bulk vessels. The authors also propose a framework for analysing and modelling the ecomic processes of numerous variables in the dry bulk shipping market, making use of modern ecometric techniques and other ecomic approaches. This will be especially useful for the control and assessment of risk for ship owners and charterers in ship operation, ship chartering and ship trading activities. This book will be extremely useful for shipbuilders, owners and charterers, as well as shipping analysts and policymakers. It will also be of great interest to academics and researchers concerned with the ecomics of the shipping industry.
- Author BiographyShun Chen is a doctor in Applied Economics and now works at Shanghai Maritime University. Her research interests are on the economic and econometric modeling and forecasting in the shipping market. Her research work was published by Maritime Policy & Management and Maritime Economics & Logistics. Hilde Meersman is a Professor at the University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics. Her activities are situated in Economics, Transport Modelling and Econometrics. She is also a visiting professor at several international universities. Eddy Van de Voorde is a Professor at the University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics. His activities are situated in Maritime Economics, Port Economics, Air Transport and Logistics. He is also a visiting professor at several international universities. Koos Frouws an assistant Professor at the University of Delft , faculty Ship Design Production & Operations. He is active in ship design, evaluating ship designs, shipping management, simulation and transport modelling of logistic chains.
- Author(s)Eddy Van de Voorde,Hilde Meersman,Koos Frouws,Shun Chen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Series TitleThe Grammenos Library
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note163 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.