All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith numerous real-world examples, Modelling and Quantitative Methods in Fisheries, Second Edition provides an introduction to the analytical methods used by fisheries' scientists and ecologists. By following the examples using Excel, readers see the nuts and bolts of how the methods work and better understand the underlying principles. Excel workbooks are available for download from CRC Press website. In this second edition, the author has revised all chapters and improved a number of the examples. This edition also includes two entirely new chapters: Characterization of Uncertainty covers asymptotic errors and likelihood profiles and develops a generalized Gibbs sampler to run a Markov chain Monte Carlo analysis that can be used to generate Bayesian posteriors Sized-Based Models implements a fully functional size-based stock assessment model using abalone as an example This book continues to cover a broad range of topics related to quantitative methods and modelling. It offers a solid foundation in the skills required for the quantitative study of marine populations. Explaining important and relatively complex ideas and methods in a clear manner, the author presents full, step-by-step derivations of equations as much as possible to enable a thorough understanding of the models and methods.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Haddon is a senior fisheries modeller for CSIRO in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Prior to joining CSIRO, Dr. Haddon was an associate professor at the University of Tasmania, head of fisheries at Australian Maritime College, a senior research fellow at the University of Sydney, editor of the New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, and a lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington. He has conducted stock assessments on Tasmanian rock lobster, giant crab, and abalone. Now at CSIRO, he continues to produce stock assessments of abalone but also for an array of Australian Commonwealth fisheries.
- Author(s)Malcolm Haddon
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note140 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.