All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rhodesian War of 1965 80 is the battle for control of present day Zimbabwe. The former British colony of Southern Rhodesia rejected British moves towards majority rule and on 11 November 1965 the Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith anunced his country s Unilateral Declaration of Independence from Great Britain. That act sparked a series of violent encounters between the traditional colonial army and the African guerilla insurgents of the Patriotic Front. This book examines the successes and failures of the counter-insurgency campaign of Smith s security forces and the eventual bloody birth of a modern African nation.
- Author BiographyPeter Abbott is a retired university lecturer. He has written or co-authored a number of Men-at-Arms titles for Osprey, including Men-at-Arms 131 Germany s Eastern Front Allies 1941-45 and MAA 202 Modern African Wars 2: Angola and Mozambique. He is particularly interested in 19th and 20th century armies that are less well known to the English speaking reader.
- Author(s)P.E. Abbott,Philip Botham
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/06/1986
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume Number183
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations, maps
- Weight165 g
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Chappell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.