All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis survey of award-winning housing, built in cities such as New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Cleveland, reflects a combination of marketing and public funding structures and a variety of housing types. An array of approaches to housing by students within studios taught by these architects over a three-year period will be shown. Various forms of housing and other commercial forms of development, including live/work hybrids, office and residential towers, as well as a retail residential mix building types are explored. The design of housing in the United States is often considered from strictly market imperatives, or a formal architectural perspective. The work within this volume seeks to bring together the most enlightened thinking from the realms of social practice, architecture and real estate development to develop a greater awareness of the interdependence of architecture and the marketplace in a ranger of sites and housing types.
- Author BiographyPeggy Tully is a fellow at Upstate; a centre for design, research and real estate, within the Syracuse University School of Architecture.
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- Series TitleNew City Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note133 colour photographs
- Weight590 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPeggy Tully
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.