Modern Business Statistics with Microsoft Excel by Dennis Sweeney, Thomas Arthur Williams, David Anderson (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $583.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $289.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionUse MODERN BUSINESS STATISTICS, 5E to gain a strong conceptual understanding of statistics with a balance of real-world applications and a focus on the integrated strengths of Microsoft(R) Excel(R) 2013. To ensure your understanding, this best-selling, comprehensive text carefully discusses and clearly develops each statistical technique in a solid application setting. Immediately after each easy-to-follow presentation of a statistical procedure, a subsection discusses how to use Excel(R) to perform the procedure. This integrated approach emphasizes the applications of Excel(R) while focusing on the statistical methodology. Step-by-step instructions and screen captures further clarify the presentation to ensure your understanding. A wealth of timely business examples, proven methods, and application exercises clearly demonstrate how statistical results provide insights into business decisions and present solutions to contemporary business problems. The book's class-tested problem-scenario approach emphasizes how you can apply statistical methods to today's practical business situations. New case problems and self-tests throughout this edition allow you to check your personal understanding. Additional learning resources, including CengageNOW for online homework assistance and a complete support website, provide everything you need to acquire Excel(R) 2013 skills and an understanding of business statistics.
- Author BiographyDr. David R. Anderson is a textbook author and Professor Emeritus of Quantitative Analysis in the College of Business Administration at the University of Cincinnati. He has served as head of the Department of Quantitative Analysis and Operations Management and as Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration. He was also coordinator of the College's first Executive Program. In addition to introductory statistics for business students, Dr. Anderson has taught graduate-level courses in regression analysis, multivariate analysis, and management science. He also has taught statistical courses at the Department of Labor in Washington, D.C. Professor Anderson has received numerous honors for excellence in teaching and service to student organizations. He is the coauthor of ten textbooks related to decision sciences and actively consults with businesses in the areas of sampling and statistical methods. Born in Grand Forks, North Dakota, he earned his BS, MS, and PhD degrees from Purdue University. Dr. Thomas A. Williams is a well respected textbook author and Professor Emeritus of Management Science in the College of Business at Rochester Institute of Technology, where he was the first chairman of the Decision Sciences Department. He taught courses in management science and statistics, as well as graduate courses in regression and decision analysis. Before joining the College of Business at RIT, Dr. Williams served for seven years as a faculty member in the College of Business Administration at the University of Cincinnati, where he developed the undergraduate program in Information Systems and served as its coordinator. The co-author of 11 leading textbooks in the areas of management science, statistics, production and operations management, and mathematics, Dr. Williams has been a consultant for numerous Fortune 500 companies and has worked on projects ranging from the use of data analysis to the development of large-scale regression models. He earned his B.S. degree at Clarkson University and completed his graduate work at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, where he received his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees. Dr. Dennis J. Sweeney is a leading textbook author, Professor Emeritus of Quantitative Analysis, and founder of the Center for Productivity Improvement at the University of Cincinnati. He also served five years as head of the Department of Quantitative Analysis and four years as Associate Dean of the College of Business Administration. In addition, Dr. Sweeney has worked in the management science group at Procter & Gamble and has been a visiting professor at Duke University. Dr. Sweeney has published more than 30 articles in the area of management science and statistics. The National Science Foundation, IBM, Procter & Gamble, Federated Department Stores, Kroger, and Cincinnati Gas & Electric have funded his research, which has been published in Management Science, Operations Research, Mathematical Programming, Decision Sciences, and other respected journals. Dr. Sweeney is the co-author of ten textbooks in the areas of statistics, management science, linear programming, and production and operations management. Born in Des Moines, Iowa, he earned a B.S. degree from Drake University, graduating summa cum laude. He received his M.B.A. and D.B.A. degrees from Indiana University, where he was an NDEA Fellow.
- Author(s)David Anderson,Dennis Sweeney,Thomas Arthur Williams
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight1850 g
- Width212 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.