All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Vivienne Zhang is a native Chinese speaker fluent in English who has been translating, interpreting and teaching for many years. She has tried, tested and perfected various lessons and techniques that apply well to Chinese studies. These modern techniques are w published in a series of four books. Each book teaches the reader both Pinyin and Hanzi (Chinese characters). One of the unique features in these books is the literal translation into English of common Chinese expressions and vocabulary. For example, you can often see the antation lit. with the daily life topic sentences in BOOK 3, showing the direct translation of the Chinese text. This technique reinforces an understanding of sentence structure and grammar which has proven to be instrumental in helping the students and readers to retain the Chinese that they have already learned. Other Chinese language books do t use this approach. BOOK 3 provides useful, high frequency language and examples heard everyday on the streets of China. This book is designed to give the reader a solid basis for understanding Chinese in different day-to-day situations, such as eating at a restaurant, shopping, social situations, dealing with emergencies, and many more. You can study these daily life topics in any order. Like BOOK 1 and BOOK 2 in this series, one of the unique features of this book is also the literal translation into English of common Chinese expressions and vocabulary. NOTE: After you have learnt Pinyin (initials, finals and tones) in Part 1 of BOOK 1, you are ready to continue studying any books within the Modern Chinese series...BOOK 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Author BiographyAfter graduation from University in 2009, Vivienne worked as a freelance interpreter for many international companies such as Huawei, Samsung, Apple, Mercedes, Siemens, Areva, Peugeot, and others. In 2010, Vivienne decided to fully dedicate herself to teaching Chinese language to foreign expats employed at those same multi-national companies where she worked as an interpreter before. In 2012, based on the success of her teaching, Vivienne wrote a series of books that teach Chinese using her unique learning methods. These techniques have become very popular among her students and readers.
- Author(s)Vivienne Zhang
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.