All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionShift Clinic design to keep pace with the evolving healthcare industry Modern Clinic Design: Strategies for an Era of Change is a comprehensive guide to optimizing patient experience through the design of the built environment. Written by a team of veteran healthcare interior designers, architects, and engineers, this book addresses the impacts of evolving legislation, changing techlogies, and emerging ntraditional clinic models on clinic design, and illustrates effective design strategies for any type of clinic. Readers will find invative ideas about lean design, design for flexibility, and the use of mock-ups to prototype space plans within a clinic setting, and diagrammed examples including waiting rooms, registration desks, and exam rooms that demonstrate how these ideas are applied to real-world projects. Spurred on by recent healthcare legislation and new techlogical developments, clinics can w offer a greater variety of services in a greater variety of locations. Designers t only need to kw the different requirements for each of these spaces, but also understand how certain design strategies affect the patient's experience in the space. This book explores all aspects of clinic design, and describes how aesthetics and functionality can merge to provide a positive experience for patients, staff, and healthcare providers. * Understand how recent industry developments impact facility design * Learn how design strategies can help create a positive patient experience * Examine emerging clinic models that are becoming increasingly prevalent * Analyze the impact of techlogy on clinic design A well-designed clinic is essential for the well-being of the patients and health care providers that occupy the space every day. The healthcare industry is shifting, and the healthcare design industry must shift with it to continue producing spaces that are relevant to ever-evolving patient and worker needs. For complete guidance toward the role of design, Modern Clinic Design is a thorough, practical reference.
- Author BiographyChristine Guzzo Vickery, CID, EDAC, is Vice President and Senior Interior Designer with HGA Architects and Engineers and leads HGA's Healthcare Research Collaborative. She additionally speaks at national healthcare conferences, contributes regularly to industry journals, and writes a monthly Blog for Healthcare Design Magazine. She has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa. Gary Nyberg, RA, is a retired Healthcare Principal from HGA Architects and Engineers, where he specialized in medical planning, master planning and design for more than 30 years. He has a Bachelor of Architecture from the University of Minnesota. Douglas Whiteaker, AIA, is a Healthcare Principal with HGA Architects and Engineers. He teaches sustainable design at Cosumnes River College in Sacramento, and leads Architect Registration Exam prep seminars. He has a Master of Architecture from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and a Bachelor of Science in Advanced Technical Science in Architecture from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1028 g
- Width203 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristine Guzzo Vickery,Douglas Whiteaker,Gary Nyberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.