All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume covers classic as well as cutting-edge topics on the analysis of clinical trial data in biomedical and psychosocial research and discusses each topic in an expository and user-friendly fashion. The intent of the book is to provide an overview of the primary statistical and data analytic issues associated with each of the selected topics, followed by a discussion of approaches for tackling such issues and available software packages for carrying out analyses. While classic topics such as survival data analysis, analysis of diagstic test data and assessment of measurement reliability are well kwn and covered in depth by available topic-specific texts, this volume serves a different purpose: it provides a quick introduction to each topic for self-learning, particularly for those who have t done any formal coursework on a given topic but must learn it due to its relevance to their multidisciplinary research. In addition, the chapters on these classic topics will reflect issues particularly relevant to modern clinical trials such as longitudinal designs and new methods for analyzing data from such study designs. The coverage of these topics provides a quick introduction to these important statistical issues and methods for addressing them. As with the classic topics, this part of the volume on modern topics will enable researchers to grasp the statistical methods for addressing these emerging issues underlying modern clinical trials and to apply them to their research studies.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/09/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleApplied Bioinformatics and Biostatistics in Cancer Research
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight561 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKathleen Branley,Wan Tang,Xin M. Tu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.