Modern Cross Stitch: Over 30 Fresh and New Counted Cross-Stitch Patterns by Hannah Sturrock (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.65Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPick up a needle and thread and be inspired by these delightful, contemporary cross stitch designs. Cross stitch is a traditional craft that allows beginners and experts alike to enjoy the experience of creating something, whether it's for themselves or a gift for a loved one. As you stitch, you gradually see something pretty come to life and, once it's finished, you can think, 'I made that'. Hannah Sturrock loves to stitch and wants you to love it, too. Here she shares over 30 beautiful patterns with you. Discover five chapters of fabulous ideas: For a Beautiful Baby; For Big Kids; For a Special Occasion; For a Nature Lover; and For the Home. Make an adorable barnyard scene picture for young ones, or a comic-book style cross-stitched mobile phone case. Add an extra handmade touch to presents with stitched gift tags, and create a Christmas toy sack that will be treasured throughout the years. Bring the beauty of nature into the home with the flower hessian tote and the stunning floral finch cushion. You can even take cross stitch to a new level, decorating walls with washi tape birds and stitching velvet ribbon onto woven chair seats. Make use of other invative materials, too, including soluble canvas - which allows you to cross stitch on any fabric - and glow in the dark embroidery thread. Hannah's designs are a little bit different from what is available elsewhere. She uses simple outlines with striking patterns and clean, fresh colours, and takes inspiration from new interior fashions, vintage textiles, nature, toys and more, always striving to be contemporary and stylish.
- Author BiographyHannah Sturrock has always loved cross stitch. She initially ignored the desire to stitch all day and studied law instead. Finding that the barrister's wig didn't sit very comfortably, she started running charity events and ended up as Manager of Christmas at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. No other job title was ever going to match that so after having two children, Wilfred and Olive (or Bobo as she is fondly known), she listened again to the call of cross stitch. She started designing her own contemporary patterns and in 2013, her company Bobo Stitch was born. Hannah is now the proud purveyor of cross stitch kits and a joyous embracer of the modern craft revolution. She lives in south-west London with her husband, children and a ridiculously large stash of embroidery thread.
- Author(s)Hannah Sturrock
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note50 color photographs and 70 color artworks and charts
- Weight523 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.