All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first and only book to define modern dance concepts, terms, principles and movements in the words of the great founders of modern dance. The manuscript was originally prepared through personal interviews with Doris Humphrey, Hanya Holm, Martha Graham, Charles Weidman, and Helen Tamiris; quoted extensively as well are Isadora Duncan, Jaques Dalcroze, Rudolf Laban, Ruth St. Denis, Jose Limon, Alwin Nikolais, Glen Tetley and eminent New York Times dance writer John Martin. The collection of defined terms represents the aims, theories, and objectives of modern dance. Although different terms are used by different dancers, it is found that they are often simply variants of each other. Whenever possible, the dancer's own definitions have been used.
- Author(s)Paul Love
- PublisherPrinceton Book Company
- Date of Publication26/04/2000
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDance Horizons Inc.,N.Y.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.