All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1960s onward witnessed unprecedented techlogical and horsepower developments in the field of diesel-electric locomotives. Spurred by market demands, EMD and GE have developed locomotives of ever-greater speeds and tractive effort, allowing the railroads to bring resources to market more quickly and cheaply. This collection of more than 200 photos features the most significant of these high-horsepower diesels, from EMD SDs and GPs to GE Dash 9s and the green initiative Evolution, at work across the United States and Canada. The photography is accompanied by detailed captions discussing development, function, history, and locations depicted.
- Author BiographyBRIAN SOLOMAN is one of today's most accomplished railway historians. He has authored more than thirty books about railroads and motive power, including North American Railroads and GE and EMD Locomotives: The Illustrated History.
- Author(s)Brian Solomon
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitleGallery S.
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note250 colour illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width160 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.13
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.