All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: LIGHT DUTY DIESELS provides a thorough introduction to the light-duty diesel engine, w the power plant of choice in pickup trucks and automobiles to optimize fuel efficiency and longevity. While the major emphasis is on highway usage, best-selling author Sean Bennett also covers small stationary and mobile off-highway diesels. Using a modularized structure, Bennett helps the reader achieve a conceptual grounding in diesel engine techlogy. After exploring the tools required to achieve hands-on technical competency, the text explores major engine subsystems and fuel management systems used over the past decade, including the common rail fuel systems that manage almost all current light duty diesel engines. In addition, this text covers engine management systems, computer controls, multiplexing electronics, diesel emissions and the means used to control them. All generations of CAN-bus techlogy are examined, including the latest automotive CAN-C multiplexing and the basics of network bus troubleshooting. ASE A-9 certification learning objectives are addressed in detail.
- Author BiographySean Bennett is a former program coordinator for the Truck and Diesel Department at Centennial College, as well as a former corporate trainer for Mack Trucks. During a 20-year tenure at the college he authored new curricula, helped overhaul existing course offerings, and chaired a wide range of curriculum development committees for the Province of Ontario. Bennett has written more than 30 books dealing with diesel, truck, heavy equipment, and automotive technology and currently devotes his career to technical writing and speaking engagements. He is an active member of the American Trucking Association's Technology and Maintenance Council, the Association of Diesel Specialists, the Society of Automotive Engineers, and the North American Council of Automotive Teachers. He is widely regarded as the foremost author in medium/heavy duty truck technology.
- Author(s)Sean Bennett
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Note246
- Weight892 g
- Width217 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.