Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive, best-selling text focuses on the study of many different geometries -- rather than a single geometry -- and is thoroughly modern in its approach. Each chapter is essentially a short course on one aspect of modern geometry, including finite geometries, the geometry of transformations, convexity, advanced Euclidian geometry, inversion, projective geometry, geometric aspects of topology, and non-Euclidean geometries. This edition reflects the recommendations of the COMAP proceedings on Geometry's Future, the NCTM standards, and the Professional Standards for Teaching Mathematics. References to a new companion text, Active Geometry by David A. Thomas encourage students to explore the geometry of motion through the use of computer software. Using Active Geometry at the beginning of various sections allows professors to give students a somewhat more intuitive introduction using current technology before moving on to more abstract concepts and theorems.
- Author(s)James R. Smart
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/1998
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight742 g
- Width170 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.