All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern German Grammar: A Practical Guide, Third Edition is an invative reference guide to German, combining traditional and function-based grammar in a single volume. The Grammar is divided into two parts. Part A covers grammatical categories such as word order, uns, verbs and adjectives. Part B is organised according to language functions and tions such as: * making introductions * asking for something to be done * delivering a speech * possibility * satisfaction. The book addresses learners' practical needs and presents grammar in both a traditional and a communicative setting. New to this edition, and building on feedback from the previous edition: * The rules of the latest (and so far final) spelling reform have been implemented throughout. * Examples of usage have been updated and consideration given to Swiss and Austrian variants. * The chapter on register has been expanded and w includes youth language and frequently used Anglicisms in German. * The Index w has even more key words; it has also been redesigned to differentiate between German words, grammar terms, and functions, thus making it more user-friendly. The Grammar assumes previous grammatical training and is intended for all those who have a basic kwledge of German, from intermediate learners in schools and adult education to undergraduates taking German as a major or mir part of their studies. The Grammar is accompanied by a third edition of Modern German Grammar Workbook (ISBN 978-0-415-56725-1) which features exercises and activities directly linked to the Grammar. Ruth Whittle is Lecturer, John Klapper is Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy, Katharina Glockel is the Austrian Lektorin and Bill Dodd is Professor of Modern German Studies - all at the University of Birmingham. Christine Eckhard-Black is Tutor and Advisor in German at the Oxford University Language Centre.
- Author BiographyRuth Whittle is Lecturer, John Klapper is Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy, Katharina Glockel is the Austrian Lektorin and Bill Dodd is Professor of Modern German Studies - all at the University of Birmingham. Christine Eckhard-Black is Tutor and Advisor in German at the Oxford University Language Centre.
- Author(s)Bill Dodd,Christine Eckhard-Black,Glockel Katharina,John Klapper,Ruth Whittle,William J. Dodd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleModern Grammars
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.