Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a great pleasure to have the opportunity to hor our distinguished colleague, Professor Leo Brewer, on the occasion of his sixty-fifth birth- day, with this special volume of High Temperature Science. Leo and his wife, Rose, are personal friends of several generations of students and postdoctoral researchers at the University of California at Berkeley. Their concern and understanding has been important to many of us over the past forty years. Each paper in this volume has at least one author who was a gradu- ate student or a postdoctoral researcher in Leo's laboratory at Berkeley. The variety of topics is indicative of the wide-ranging science done by Brewer-ites and by Leo Brewer himself. He has personally participated in the resolution of many of the classical problems of high-temperature science-from the heat of sublimation of graphite to the dissociation en- ergy of nitrogen to the prediction of binary and ternary phase diagrams. He and his students have made major contributions to atomic and molec- ular spectroscopy. He has made significant contributions to the develop- ment of efficient systems for energy conversion and to ceramics. In addi- tion to his research activities, Leo Brewer has been a long-time participant in the dynamic undergraduate teaching program of the Berkeley Chemistry Department. He has provided crucial insight for stu- dents involved in those career-shaping experiences that one endures while acquiring the basics of irganic, organic, and physical chemistry with that interwoven common bond of thermodynamics.
- Author(s)John L. Margrave
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight913 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.