All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe material of this book will derive its scientific under-pinning from basics of mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology, meteorology, engineering, soil science, and related disciplines and will provide sufficient breadth and depth of understanding in each sub-section of hydrology. It will start with basic concepts: * Water, its properties, its movement, modelling and quality * The distribution of water in space and time * Water resource sustainability Chapters on 'global change' and 'water and ethics' aim respectively to emphasize the central role of hydrological cycle and its quantitative understanding and monitoring for human well being and to familiarize the readers with complex issues of equity and justice in large scale water resource development process. Modern Hydrology for Sustainable Development is intended t only as a textbook for students in earth and environmental science and civil engineering degree courses, but also as a reference for professionals in fields as diverse as environmental planning, civil engineering, municipal and industrial water supply, irrigation and catchment management.
- Author BiographyDr. S.K. Gupta has more than 150 publications in internationally refereed research journals and several books to his credit. Dr. Gupta has also been a Fulbright Fellow at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, an Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the University of Heidelberg, and a Visiting Fellow at the University of Canberra. He is a Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, India.
- Author(s)S. K. Gupta
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations , maps
- Weight1310 g
- Width193 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.