All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative textbook places Italy at the heart of modern European history, tracing the often difficult relationship between Italians, the State and the Nation. A breeding-ground for radical political and social organisations, Italy saw the emergence of the first Fascist movements seen on the world stage after the First World War. Later, the country produced an anti-fascist movement which helped to create the biggest Communist Party outside of the Eastern bloc. Across this whole period, the political system has been marked by deep legitimation crises, clientelism and corruption. Ecomically, Italy struggled to keep up with the major industrial powers, but later created a dynamic small business sector which is the envy of the world. Modern Italy- uses source material, including contemporary documents and legislation, to explain Italian history, inspire interest and stimulate further discussion- is organised around broad thematic chapters (The Nation, The State, Ecomy and Society, Politics) which introduce students to the main areas of debate- includes maps, tables, and boxed material to assist teaching and learning- adopts a multi-disciplinary approach making it ideal for teachers and students of European Politics, European Studies, and Italian Studies, as well as for those studying modern Italian historyClear, concise and well-organised, this essential book introduces readers to the key historical debates, events, and controversies. It helps students to understand the complex nature of Italian history over the last 140 years, without laying out a single and linear version of that history.
- Author BiographyJOHN FOOT is Chair of Italian in the Department of Italian at the University of Bristol, UK.
- Author(s)John Foot
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note348 p.
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.