All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNow thoroughly updated in its eighth edition, Modern Latin America is a lively interpretive history and the leading text in the field. Featuring vivid, anecdotal illustrative boxes, the book uses case studies to discuss the major countries and themes of the region over the past 200 years. For each country, Thomas E. Skidmore, Peter H. Smith, and James N. Green examine such central themes as European-New World interaction, racial mixtures, military takeovers, and U.S. intervention in the area. Visit the companion website at http://library.brown.edu/modernlatinamerica/.
- Author BiographyThomas E. Skidmore is Carlos Manuel de Cespedes Professor of History Emeritus at Brown University. He is the author of Brazil, Second Edition (OUP, 2009), Politics in Brazil, 1930-1964 (OUP, 2007), and The Politics of Military Rule in Brazil (OUP, 1990).; Peter H. Smith is Distinguished Professor of Political Science and Simon Bolivar Professor of Latin American Studies at the University of California, San Diego. He is the author of Talons of the Eagle, Fourth Edition, (OUP, 2012) and Democracy in Latin America, Second Edition (OUP, 2011).; James N. Green is Professor of History and Brazilian Studies at Brown University. He is the author of We Cannot Remain Silent: Opposition to the Brazilian Military Dictatorship in the United States (2010) and Beyond Carnival (1999).
- Author(s)James N. Green,Peter H. Smith,Thomas E. Skidmore
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight813 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.