All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains a selection of texts in Arabic Languages from the Gulf countries. The preceding study describes the beginnings of the literary movement in the Gulf region and presents the range of problems that appear in the regional literature. In this young and unkwn literature reference is made to history as well as to social, political and cultural changes taking place in these countries. Without profound kwledge, a full understanding of the significance would be impossible. The selected works have intentionally t been translated to allow the reader an independent analysis. The author offers an outline of modern short story writing from the Gulf countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Emirates and Kuwait) for all those interested in modern Arabic literature.
- Author BiographyBarbara Michalak-Pikulska is the Head of Arabic Studies and Director of the Institute of Oriental Studies at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow. She is Secretary General of the Union Europeenne des Arabisants et Islamisants and has published numerous studies on modern poetry and prose in Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain and United Arab Emirates as well as many papers on various aspects of contemporary Arabic Literature.
- Author(s)Barbara Michalak-Pikulska
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Oriental Culture and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.