All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch has been written about the lives and art of Heide, but finally the remaining members of the inner circle have entrusted the truth to be told through this intimate biography of John and Sunday Reed. Equal parts romance and tragedy, Modern Love explores the lives of these champions of successive generations of Australian artists and writers, whose works and personalities John and Sunday carefully curated to suit their artistic tastes and sexual passions. It is a story of rebellion against their privileged backgrounds and a bohemian existence marked by extraordinary achievements, intense heartbreak and enduring love, a remarkable partnership that changed all those who crossed the threshold into Heide and altered the course of art in Australia.
- Author BiographyLesley Harding and Kendrah Morgan are curators at Heide Museum of Modern Art, Melbourne, Australia. They co-authored Sunday's Kitchen and Sunday's Garden.
- Author(s)Kendrah Morgan,Lesley Harding
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Miegunyah Press
- Content NoteColour illustrations throughout
- Weight842 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.