Modern Maritime Law: Managing Risks and Liabilities: Volume 2 by Aleka Mandaraka-Sheppard (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $272.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique title examines in depth issues of jurisdiction, maritime law and practice from a modern perspective and highlights the importance of risk management with a view to avoiding pitfalls in litigation or arbitration and minimising exposure to liabilities. The third edition has been fully revised and restructured into two self-contained volumes, the first covering jurisdictional issues and risks and the second exploring the diverse aspects of maritime law, risks and liabilities. The second volume tackles the substantive maritime law with a particular emphasis on risk and liabilities, and analyses issues of contract, tort and criminal law, causation and remoteness of damages. Key features of Volume Two include: * An analysis of the regulatory regime, new EU and IMO safety at sea legislation, reforming practices for flag states and recognised organisations, vetting, codes of good practice, and International Conventions. * An explanation of the Rules of attribution of liability, the impact of the ISM Code upon liabilities, including criminal, corporate manslaughter, and the new Directive for ship-source pollution. * Important developments in areas including: * Ship-managing risks, best endeavours and fiduciary duties * Mortgagees risks and ecomic torts * New BIMCO standard terms of contracts * Ship-sale risks - including sale 'as is' and 'as she was' * Shipbuilding risks - guarantees and performance bonds * New trends on wrongful acts of employees, collisions and measure of damages, salvage issues, environmental salvage, and towage contracts * Piracy risks cases and general average * New perspectives on risks and liabilities of port authorities * Pollution liabilities, including trends of prosecution of class societies and charterers and new limits of liability under International Conventions Purchase Volumes 1 and 2 of the Modern Maritime Law together for a reduced price at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415843201/
- Author BiographyDr Aleka Mandaraka-Sheppard (LLB, LLM, PhD, Dip.IArb), is a dually qualified lawyer (Greece and England) and was a practising solicitor in the City of London, Head of the Shipping Law Unit, University College London, and Professor of Maritime law. She is the Founder and Chairman of the London Shipping Law Centre - Maritime Business Forum and practises as a Maritime Arbitrator and Mediator. Her passion has been in promoting risk management education since 1998 through the LSLC and privately by conducting seminars in-house to shipping companies. This book was inspired by her teaching and practice in maritime law and by her students. In her early years of studies in the UK, apart from her interest in shipping, she carried out research for her Ph.D into organisational behaviour and published The dynamics of aggression in women's prisons (1986), which gave her insights into causes of conflict, ways of resolving difficult conflict situations, and the effect of regulations on deterring or aggravating misbehaviour. Her knowledge in this area has provided the backbone to her practice as a lawyer, educator, writer, risk management advisor, arbitrator and, in particular, as a mediator. She is a supporting member of the LMAA, a member of: the Baltic, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and the London Court of International Arbitration. She is promoting mediation and she is an accredited mediator by the ADR Group and the School of Psychotherapy and Counselling of Regent's College London.
- Author(s)Aleka Mandaraka-Sheppard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleMaritime and Transport Law Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight1927 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.