All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive study of microwave vacuum electronic devices and their current and future applications While both vacuum and solid-state electronics continue to evolve and provide unique solutions, emerging commercial and military applications that call for higher power and higher frequencies to accommodate massive volumes of transmitted data are the natural domain of vacuum electronics techlogy. Modern Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Power Electronics provides systems designers, engineers, and researchers-especially those with primarily solid-state training-with a thoroughly up-to-date survey of the rich field of microwave vacuum electronic device (MVED) techlogy. This book familiarizes the R&D and academic communities with the capabilities and limitations of MVED and highlights the exciting scientific breakthroughs of the past decade that are dramatically increasing the compactness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of this entire class of devices. This comprehensive text explores a wide range of topics: Traveling-wave tubes, which form the backbone of satellite and airborne communications, as well as of military electronic countermeasures systems Microfabricated MVEDs and advanced electron beam sources Klystrons, gyro-amplifiers, and crossed-field devices Virtual prototyping of MVEDs via advanced 3-D computational models High-Power Microwave (HPM) sources Next-generation microwave structures and circuits How to achieve linear amplification Advanced materials techlogies for MVEDs A Web site appendix providing a step-by-step walk-through of a typical MVED design process Concluding with an in-depth examination of emerging applications and future possibilities for MVEDs, Modern Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Power Electronics ensures that systems designers and engineers understand and utilize the significant potential of this mature, yet continually developing techlogy. SPECIAL NOTE: All of the editors' royalties realized from the sale of this book will fund the future research and publication activities of graduate students in the vacuum electronics field.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. BARKER, PhD, is the program manager for ElectroEnergetic Physics at the U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research. A Fellow of both the IEEE and the U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory, he is coeditor of High-Power Microwave Sources and Technologies (Wiley-IEEE Press). JOHN H. BOOSKE, PhD, is a professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. He has published over ninety peer-reviewed journal articles and has received the University of Wisconsin's prestigious Chancellor's Distinguished Teaching Award and the Vilas Associates Award for research excellence. NEVILLE C. LUHMANN Jr., PhD, is a professor in the departments of Applied Physics and Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of California at Davis. He won the 1994 Robert L. Woods/DoD Award for Excellence in Vacuum Electronics. GREGORY S. NUSINOVICH, PhD, is a Fellow of the IEEE and a senior research scientist with the Institute for Research in Electronics and Applied Physics at the University of Maryland at College Park.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2005
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight1647 g
- Width186 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byJr.,Neville C. Luhmann,Robert J. Barker
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.