Modern Multithreading: Implementing, Testing, and Debugging Multithreaded Java and C++/Pthreads/Win32 Programs by Richard H. Carver, Kuo-Chung Tai (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $154.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the essentials of concurrent programming, including testing and debugging. This textbook examines languages and libraries for multithreaded programming. Readers learn how to create threads in Java and C++, and develop essential concurrent programming and problem solving skills. Moreover, the textbook sets itself apart from other comparable works by helping readers to become proficient in key testing and debugging techniques. Among the topics covered, readers are introduced to the relevant aspects of Java, the POSIX Pthreads library, and the Windows Win32 Applications Programming Interface. The authors have developed and fine tuned this book through the concurrent programming courses they have taught for the past twenty years. The material, which emphasizes practical tools and techniques to solve concurrent programming problems, includes original results from the authors research. Chapters include: introduction to concurrent programming; the critical section problem; semaphores and locks Monitors; message passing; message passing in distributed programs; and testing and debugging concurrent programs. As an aid to both students and instructors, class libraries have been implemented to provide working examples of all the material that is covered. These libraries and the testing techniques they support can be used to assess student written programs. Each chapter includes exercises that build skills in program writing and help ensure that readers have mastered the chapter's key concepts. The source code for all the listings in the text and for the synchronization libraries is also provided, as well as startup files and test cases for the exercises. This textbook is designed for upper level undergraduates and graduate students in computer science. With its abundance of practical material and inclusion of working code, coupled with an emphasis on testing and debugging, it is also a highly useful reference for practicing programmers.
- Author BiographyRICHARD H. CARVER, PhD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science, George Mason University. KUO-CHUNG TAI, PhD, was a Professor in the Department of Computer Science, North Carolina State University as well as the Co-Director of the university's Software Engineering Laboratory.
- Author(s)Kuo-Chung Tai,Richard H. Carver
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.