Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you leave work yesterday and have a stab of fear that you'd forgotten to press save before switching off your computer? Did you then go to the pub, get very drunk, then wake this morning unable to remember what awful things you might have said or done ...? You're t paraid (most of the time) but suffering from modern phobias. Such as Antefamaphobia - the fear that people were talking about you, but stopped just before you entered the room. Or Agmephobia - the fear that the queue you join will end up being slower than the other one. The Book of Phobias will confirm every sneaking suspicion you have of a suffering from a weird and wonderful phobia, and highlight some you never knew you had!
- Author BiographyTim Lihoreau was born in Leeds in 1965. His early life was blighted by fronsophobia and it is highly likely that he suffered the odd hebdomophobic attack, something which doctors now think might have been a side-effect of his increasing holusophobia. Despite his crippling hrydaphobia, (not to mention his excirculophobic tendencies) he made it through school bearing his aliacallophobia almost proudly, as if it were a trophy. The lack of any real other options led him to study music at Leeds University - where the first signs of his caerulophobia became apparent. His graduation was made all the more remarkable as it involved overcoming both chronic arcaphobia and occasional bouts of manepostophobia. For a time, he played the piano for his living, only overcoming his officinophobia in 1990, when he started at Jazz FM. In 1991, he conquered uxorphobia, before moving to work at Classic FM in 1993, where, it is thought, the first symptoms of primaforaphobia led him to gain the rank of Creative Director. He is the author of several books - he notably overcame cadophobia to write The Incomplete and Utter History of Classical Music with Stephen Fry - and is a contributor to both The Daily Telegraph and The Independent, something which helps his disabling contumaphobia. By way of therapy for his ceterinfanophobia, he now lives in Cambridge with his wife and three children.He is calvophobic. Tim Lihoreau would like to make it abundantly clear that he has suffered from virtually every phobia in this book, with the notable exception of idemophobia and magnafundaphobia.
- Author(s)Tim Lihoreau
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2006
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.