Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionModern Psychology and Ancient Wisdom, 2nd edition, brings together experts who explore the use of ancient healing techniques from Buddhism, Christianity, Goddess, Shamanism, Taoism, and Yogic traditions as well as the mystical practices of Judaism and Islam and their application to modern counseling and therapy professions. Each chapter lays out time-tested techniques used by teachers, guides, and practitioners to facilitate psychological healing, embraces a wide variety of cultural perspectives, and offers a large, varied, and meaningful view of the world. This new edition includes added material on Islam, indigeus, and shamanic healing perspectives and practices, as well as new findings in the fields of neuropsychology and epigenetics. With its vast offerings of new treatment methods from a variety of perspectives-from therapeutic metaphors and breathing exercises to meditation and yoga techniques-this book will be of use to mental health professionals, social workers, and pastoral caregivers.
- Author BiographySharon G. Mijares, PhD, is an international speaker, author and teacher focused on psychospiritual healing and gender balance. She is a visiting professor at the UN University for Peace, part-time associate faculty at National University, core faculty at the California Institute for Human Science, and adjunct faculty at Brandman University. She is also the author of The Psychospiritual Clinician's Handbook: Alternative Methods for Understanding and Treating Mental Disorders.
- Author(s)Sharon G. Mijares
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2015
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.