Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis masterly text is a classic in its field and will be a reliable companion throughout the course of your studies and your career as a social work practitioner. In this substantially reworked and updated fourth edition of his best-selling text, Malcolm Payne presents clear and concise evaluations of the pros and cons of major theories that inform social work practice, and comparisons between them. Modern Social Work Theory is w more accessible and comprehensive than ever, offering: the most complete coverage of social work theory, from classic perspectives to the very latest ideas, including a new chapter dedicated to strengths, narrative, and solutions approaches; a host of brand new case examples showing how theories can be applied to everyday practice; new analysis of the ethical dimensions of different social work theories and what common values they share; Pause and Reflect questions to encourage you to draw on your own experience and develop your thinking; and updated Example text sections which summarize the most current thinking and help bridge the gap between introductions to each theory and more specialist writing.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Payne is Emeritus Professor, Manchester Metropolitan University and from 2003 to 2012 he was Director of Psychosocial and Spiritual Care and Policy, and Development Adviser at St Christopher s Hospice in London. He is a widely-translated best-selling author and editor of many books and articles, including Humanistic Social Work, Citizenship Social Work with Older People, and What is Professional Social Work?
- Author(s)Malcolm Payne
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Width249 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.