Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionSince its Golden Age, Spanish drama has evolved in considerably unintended and unexpected ways with the contemporary playwrights of any present time engaging in experimental forms and treating current political issues intended to modernize, reformulate, and re-conceptualize the State and the stage. This reference includes alphabetically arranged entries on 33 Spanish dramatists from the eighteenth century to the present. Some of these figures have been translated, anthologized, and studied for centuries; others remain kwn chiefly to specialists; still others are active in contemporary theater and draw critical interest for their invative work. Each of the entries is written by an expert contributor and provides an overview of the dramatist's life and art. Each includes a brief biography; a discussion of works, themes, and dramaturgy; an overview of the critical and scholarly response to the playwright's productions; and primary and secondary bibliographies. As a whole, the volume highlights trends, movements, and historical contexts related to modern Spanish drama. A lengthy introductory essay overviews the history and development of Spanish drama since the Golden Age, and extensive bibliographies conclude the work.
- Author BiographyMARY PARKER is an independent scholar, former Assistant Professor of Modern Foreign Languages and Classical Studies at St. John's University. She is the editor of Spanish Dramatists of the Golden Age: A Bio-Bibliographical Sourcebook (Greenwood, 1998) and author of Santas Reinas, Martires y contesanas, La Mujer en el teatro de Juan Bautista Diamante.
- Author(s)Mary Parker
- Date of Publication30/11/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight994 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.