All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionModern Synthesis Processes and Reactivity of Fluorinated Compounds focuses on the exceptional character of fluorine and fluorinated compounds. This comprehensive work explores examples taken from all classes of fluorine chemistry and illustrates the extreme reactivity of fluorinating media and the peculiar synthesis routes to fluorinated materials. The book provides advanced and updated information on the latest synthesis routes to fluorocompounds and the involved reaction mechanisms. Special attention is given to the unique reactivity of fluorine and fluorinated media, along with the correlation of those properties to valuable applications of fluorinated compounds.
- Author BiographyHenri Groult is Director of Research of CNRS-UPMC-ESPCI UMR 7612, University of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris 6) in France. He has devoted his research life to fluorine chemistry, electrochemistry, and molten salt chemistry. His main research subjects are electrolytic production of fluorine gas, fluorine compounds for primary and secondary lithium batteries, and electrochemical properties of molten fluorides and chlorides. He has obtained interesting results on fluorine evolution reaction on carbon electrodes, discharge behavior of carbon-fluorine compounds, charge/discharge characteristics of metal fluorides, and electrochemical properties of molten salts. On these subjects, he published more than 100 papers and 7 books. His activity has played an important role in fluorine chemistry in France. He has served as Director of the French Network of Fluorine, Chairman of the 17th European Symposium on Fluorine Chemistry (Paris, July 2013), and Editorial board of J. Fluorine Chemistry. Alain Tressaud is Emeritus Research Director at ICMCB-CNRS, Bordeaux University. He is Vice President of the European Academy of Science (Brussels) and member of several European Academies. He founded and chaired until 2008 the French Network on Fluorine Chemistry, sponsored by CNRS. Among the awards he received, the CEA Award of French Academy of Sciences (2008), Fluorine Award of the American Chemical Society (2011), and International Henri Moissan Prize (2013) can be quoted. His scientific interest covers various fields, e.g. synthesis, physical chemical characterizations, applications in fluorine chemistry, solid state chemistry, and materials sciences. His works also deal with surface modification of materials and intercalation chemistry. His scientific production includes more than 350 papers in international journals, 20 book chapters contributions, and 12 internationalized patents. In addition, he edited 5 books, including the Editor-in-Chief responsibility of the book series Advances in Fluorine Science (2006) and Progress in Fluorine Science (2016) with Elsevier. In 2011, his book on Le fluor: histoire, applications & paradoxes appeared at CNRS-Editions, Paris.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication22/11/2016
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAlain Tressaud,Frederic Leroux,Henri Groult
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.