All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModern Times was Charlie Chaplin's last full-length silent film. The author situates Modern Times within the context of Chaplin's life work, exploring its history and influences. She explores how the film's themes of oppression, industrialization and dehumanization are embodied in the little tramp's struggle to survive in the modern world.
- Author BiographyJoan Mellen is professor of creative writing at Temple University. She is the author of the BF Film Classics on Seven Samurai and in the Realm of the Senses, as well as several works of biography, fiction, and literary criticism. Her latest book is A Farewell To Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK's Assassination and the Case That Should Have Changed History (2005).
- Author(s)Joan Mellen
- PublisherBritish Film Institute
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBFI Film Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBFI Publishing
- Content Notebiography
- Weight171 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.80Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.