All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
About this product
- DescriptionA wide-ranging work on all aspects of towing, in both inland and ocean waters. Part I, The Industry, gives an overview, followed by descriptions of types of tugs and modes of towing. Part II, Operations, covers getting the tug under way, under way with tow and at sea, and special types of towing. Part III, Towing as a Business, deals with the shore establishment. More than fifty appendices consolidate data helpful to the tugmaster. The text is illustrated with more than 300 drawings, photographs, diagrams, and other visual aids.
- Author BiographyThe late John S. Blank III, author of Modern Towing, went to sea immediately out of high school and was a licensed third mate at twenty. At the end of several years of active duty during World War II, he had achieved the rank of Lieutenant Commander and been awarded the Distinguished Service Medal. In addition to his many years as a tug captain, he was a port captain, marine superintendent, and shipbuilding inspector, and frequently appeared as an expert witness in legal cases involving towing and piloting.
- Author(s)John S. Blank
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note152 b/w photos, 281 illustrations, 1 map
- Weight1130 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine44 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.