All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.53Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionPlanning your training schedule for high school and college running is a daunting task, whether you are a coach or a young runner yourself. What should your weekly workouts look like? How much mileage should you run? How do you ensure that you are on the right track for long-term development? <i>Modern Training and Physiology for Middle and Long-Distance Runners</i> answers these questions and many others. It is a short but detailed explanation of the practical aspects of exercise physiology and modern coaching, including energy systems, the aerobic and anaerobic thresholds, VO<sub>2</sub> max, running ecomy, muscle fibers, and more. In addition, it covers how these ideas inform both your day-to-day workouts and the underlying philosophy that forms the foundation of your training program. To become a better runner, you need to apply your own kwledge of training principles, tailoring your workouts to improve your strengths, bolster your weaknesses, and ultimately take your racing to new heights.
- Author BiographyJohn Davis is a runner, writer, and student of the sport. A Minnesota native, John ran competitively in high school and college and now lives and works in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. He performs research, speaks, and writes about training, racing, and running injuries while coaching at Edina High School. His blog, Running Writings, provides detailed analysis of coaching philosophies, summaries of scientifically-vetted ways to treat and prevent injury, and insights into training and racing.
- Author(s)John Davis
- PublisherRunning Writings
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Writings
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.