Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis indispensable overview of modern black British drama spans seven decades of distinctive playwriting from the 1950s to the present. Interweaving social and cultural context with close critical analysis of key dramatists' plays, leading scholars explore how these dramatists have created an enduring, transformative and diverse cultural presence.
- Author BiographyMary F. Brewer is Senior Lecturer in English and Drama at the University of Loughborough, UK. She is the author of Race, Sex and Gender in Contemporary Women's Theatre and Staging Whiteness, and editor of Exclusions in Feminist Thought: Challenging the Boundaries of Womanhood and Harold Pinter's The Dumb Waiter. Lynette Goddard is Senior Lecturer in Drama and Theatre at Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. She is the author of Staging Black Feminisms: Identity, Politics, Performance and has worked with several theatre companies, including Black Mime Theatre, Black Theatre Co-operative (now NITRO) and the Tricycle Theatre. Deidre Osborne is Senior Lecturer in Drama and Theatre Arts at Goldsmiths, University of London, UK. She is the editor of Hidden Gems: An Anthology of Black British Plays and Associate Editor of the literary journal Women's Writing 1558-1915.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight320 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDeirdre Osborne,Lynette Goddard,Mary Brewer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.