Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.18
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $117.44
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $106.89
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.21
About this product
- DescriptionModernism and Masculinity investigates the varied dimensions and manifestations of masculinity in the modernist period. Thirteen essays from leading scholars reframe critical trends in modernist studies by examining distinctive features of modernist literary and cultural work through the lens of masculinity and male privilege. The volume attends to masculinity as an unstable horizon of gendered ideologies, subjectivities and representational practices, allowing for fresh interdisciplinary treatments of celebrated and lesser-kwn authors, artists and theorists such as D. H. Lawrence, Ezra Pound, Henry Roth, Theodor Ador and Paul Robeson as well as modernist avant-garde movements such as vorticism, surrealism and futurism. As diverse as the masculinities that were played out across the early twentieth century, the approaches and arguments featured in this collection will appeal especially to scholars and students of modernist literature and culture, gender studies and English literature more broadly.
- Author BiographyNatalya Lusty is Associate Professor in the Department of Gender and Cultural Studies at the University of Sydney. She is the author of Surrealism, Feminism, Psychoanalysis (2007) and, with Helen Groth, Dreams and Modernity: A Cultural History (2013). She is currently writing a book on feminist manifestos and the history of radical feminism. Julian Murphet is Professor in Modern Film and Literature and Director of the Centre for Modernism Studies in Australia at the University of New South Wales. His publications include Multimedia Modernism (Cambridge, 2009), Literature and Visual Technologies (2003), and Literature and Race in Los Angeles (Cambridge, 2001). He has previously co-edited books on J. M. Coetzee and Cormac McCarthy. He is the editor of the new journal in Modernist studies, Affirmations: Of the Modern.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight570 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJulian Murphet,Natalya Lusty
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.