All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionModernism as a Philosophical Problem, 2e presents a new interpretation of the negative and critical self--understanding characteristic of much European high culture since romanticism and especially since Nietzsche, and answers the question of why the issue of modernity became a philosophical problem in European tradition.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Pippin is the Raymond W. and Martha Hilpert Gruner Distinguished Service Professor in the Committee on Social Thought and the Department of Philosophy at the University of Chicago. He is the author of several books on the modern philosophical tradition and one on literature, Henry James and Modern Moral Life (1999), as well as numerous articles on similar topics.
- Author(s)Robert B. Pippin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/08/1999
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight512 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.