All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the transnational dimension of literary modernism and its increasing centrality to our understanding of 20th-century literary culture, Modernism in a Global Context surveys the key issues and debates central to the 'global turn' in contemporary Modernist Studies. Topics covered include: - Transnational exchanges between Western and n-Western literary cultures - Imperialism and the Modernism - Cosmopolitanism and postcolonial literatures - Global literary institutions - from the Little Magazine to the Nobel Prize - Mass media - photography, cinema, and radio broadcasting in the modernist age Exploring the work of writers such as T.S. Eliot, Virginia Woolf, Jean Rhys, Wole Soyinka, Salman Rushdie and critics such as Edward Said, Pascale Casava, Paul Gilroy, and Gayatri Spivak amongst many others, the book also includes a comprehensive antated guide to further reading and online resources.
- Author BiographyPeter Kalliney is William J. Tuggle Professor of English at the University of Kentucky, USA. His previous publications include Commonwealth of Letters: British Literary Culture and the Emergence of Postcolonial Aesthetics (2013) and Cities of Affluence and Anger: A Literary Geography of Modern Englishness (2006).
- Author(s)Peter Kalliney
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Modernisms
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight383 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.