Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete introduction to Modernist writers, ideas and movements that considers the precursors as well as the legacy of Modernist Literature. Literary Modernism can be described as the flourishing of avant-garde literature over a forty year period but it can be difficult to see how the different movements and authors seen to fall within modernist literature are related. This historical overview explains what modernist literature was by taking the reader through the major figures, ideas and movements, focusing particularly on the core years of 1890-1930 but also looking before to Modernism's influences and precursors and beyond to its continuation and legacy. Concentrating on the British isles but referencing a much wider range of authors and texts and written in a clear, accessible style, this is an indispensable introduction to Modernist writers and movements. Continuum's Guides for the Perplexed are clear, concise and accessible introductions to thinkers, writers and subjects that students and readers can find especially challenging - or indeed downright bewildering. Concentrating specifically on what it is that makes the subject difficult to grasp, these books explain and explore key themes and ideas, guiding the reader towards a thorough understanding of demanding material.
- Author BiographyPeter Childs is Professor of Modern English Literature at the University of Gloucestershire. He was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship by the Higher Education Academy in 2004.
- Author(s)Peter Childs
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGuides for the Perplexed
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.