Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis inclusive guide to Modernist literature considers the 'high' Modernist writers such as Eliot, Joyce, Pound and Yeats alongside women writers and writers of the Harlem Renaissance. * Challenges the idea that Modernism was conservative and reactionary. * Relates the modernist impulse to broader cultural and historical crises and movements. * Covers a wide range of authors up to the outbreak of World War II, among them Oscar Wilde, Joseph Conrad, Henry James, Langston Hughes, Samuel Beckett, HD, Virginia Woolf, Djuna Barnes, and Jean Rhys. * Includes coverage of women writers and gay and lesbian writers.
- Author BiographyVicki Mahaffey is Professor of Modern Literature at the University of York and a former Guggenheim Fellow and winner of both the Lindback Award and the Ira Abrams Award for teaching. Her previous publications include Reauthorizing Joyce (1988) and States of Desire: Wilde, Yeats, Joyce, and the Irish Experience (1998).
- Author(s)Vicki Mahaffey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight388 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.