Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionIn the past few decades there has been a growing interest and debate amongst historians of education surrounding issues of visuality, materiality, spatiality, transfer, and circulation. This collection of essays - with its focus on the interaction between ideas, images, objects, and/or spaces that contain an educational dimension - is a contribution to this ongoing debate. The contributors address how meaning is created, conveyed, and transformed through multiple modes of communication, representation, and interaction; through movement across spaces; through media and techlogies; and through collective memory- and identity-making. The collection demonstrates that meaning is mobilized through 'multimodality', 'translocation', 'techlogy', and 'heritage', and that it assumes different qualities which need to be reflected upon in the history of education in particular and in education research in general. This book was originally published as a special issue of Paedagogica Historica.
- Author BiographyGeert Thyssen is a Senior Lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University, UK, a research associate at the University of Liege, Belgium, and a visiting scholar at the University of Sassari, Italy. He is also a convenor of the European Educational Research Association's 'Network 17: Histories of Education'. His interests are in education and early childhood studies, and in the social and cultural history of education, with a focus on health, the body, nutrition, and educational reform initiatives, as well as the visual, audio-visual, material, spatial, sensual, and emotional. Karin Priem is Professor of the History of Education at the University of Luxembourg. She has been president of the German History of Education Association (2007-11), is a member of the advisory board of the Revue Suisse des Sciences de l'Education, is co-editor of two book series, and is currently Executive Secretary of the International Standing Conference for History of Education. Her research focuses on the history of educational theories and concepts, the social, visual, and material history of education, and the history of curriculum and cultural practices.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/06/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byGeert Thyssen,Karin Priem
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.