Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionAn unprecedented study of an important 20th-century artist and his diverse body of work This exceptional book offers a fresh and extensive examination of the work of pioneering artist Laszlo Moholy-Nagy (1895-1946). The first major American survey of his oeuvre in nearly a half century and the most extensive English-language book on the artist in thirty years, the catalogue offers an integrated presentation of Moholy's production across a range of art forms including painting, sculpture, photography, graphic design, film, advertising, and theater. Distinguished scholars offer new insights into Moholy's materials and working methods; the relation among writing, administration, and art making in his practice; and his influence on contemporary art. Particular emphasis is given to Moholy's American years and his leadership of the Chicago Bauhaus as well as his reception as a painter. Over 300 works are illustrated in color, including the artist's early paintings and photograms, his whimsical photomontages---all of which are reproduced together here for the first time---and late works in Plexiglas. Beautifully designed and produced, with a PVC plastic jacket printed on the inside and a foil stamped casewrap, the book is a marvelous tribute to this phemenally invative artist.
- Author BiographyMatthew S. Witkovsky is Richard and Ellen Sandor Chair and Curator, Department of Photography, the Art Institute of Chicago. Carol Eliel is curator of modern art at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Karole Vail is associate curator, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.
- PublisherArt Institute of Chicago
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintArt Institute of Chicago
- Content Note504 color + 7 b/w illus.
- Weight2088 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCarol S. Eliel,Karole Vail,Matthew S. Witkovsky
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.