Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe large number of molecular protocols available creates a dilemma for those attempting to adopt the most appropriate for streamlined identification and detection of fungal pathogens of interest. Molecular Detection of Human Fungal Pathogens provides a reliable and comprehensive resource relating the molecular detection and identification of major human fungal pathogens. This volume contains expert contributions from international mycologists involved in fungal pathogen research and diagsis. Following a similar format throughout, each chapter comprises: * A brief review of the classification, epidemiology, clinical features, and diagsis of one or a group of related fungal species * An outline of clinical sample collection and preparation procedures * A selection of representative stepwise molecular detection protocols * A discussion on further research requirements for improving the diagsis The book offers an indispensable tool for medical, veterinary, and industrial laboratory scientists working in the area of fungal determination. It also constitutes a convenient textbook for undergraduate and graduate students majoring in microbiology and is an essential guide for upcoming and experienced laboratory scientists wishing to acquire and polish their skills in molecular diagsis of fungal diseases.
- Author BiographyDongyou Liu, Ph.D. has worked in research and clinical laboratories in Australia and the United States, focusing on molecular characterization and virulence determination of microbial pathogens such as human hydatid tapeworm (Echinococcus granulosus), ovine footrot bacterium (Dichelobacter nodosus), dermatophyte fungi (Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermophyton), and listeriae (Listeria species). He is the senior author of over 50 original research and review articles in various international journals as well as the editor of several recent biomedical books.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note97 black & white illustrations, 92 black & white tables
- Weight2336 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byDongyou Liu
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.