All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe development and rapid implementation of molecular getyping methods have re- lutionized the possibility for differentiation and classification of microorganisms at the subspecies level. Investigation of the species diversity is required to determine molecular relatedness of isolates for epidemiological studies. Methods for molecular epidemiology of microorganisms must be highly reproducible and provide effective discrimination of epidemiologically unrelated strains. A wide range of techniques has been applied to the investigation of outbreaks of tra- missible disease, and these have been critical in unraveling the route of spread of pat- gens for humans, animals, and plants. The choice of a molecular method will depend on the type of questions to be addressed, on the degree of genetic diversity of the species to be analyzed, and on the mechanisms responsible for generation of the diversity. The applications of molecular methods, singly or in combination, have greatly contributed in the past two decades to basic microbial science and public health control strategies. Molecular Epidemiology of Microorganisms: Methods and Protocols brings together a series of methods-based chapters with examples of application to some of the most important microbes. Both traditional and vel techniques are described, and the type of information that can be expected to be obtained by their application is indicated.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/05/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 551
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight933 g
- Width193 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDominique A. Caugant
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.