All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe area of molecular imaging has matured over the past decade and is still growing rapidly. Many concepts developed for molecular biology and cellular imaging have been successfully translated to in vivo imaging of intact organisms. Molecular imaging enables the study of processes at a molecular level in their full biological context. Due to the high specificity of the molecular readouts the approach bears a high potential for diagstics. It is fair to say that molecular imaging has become an indispensable tool for biomedical research and drug discovery and development today.This volume familiarizes the reader with the concepts of imaging and molecular imaging in particular. Basic principles of imaging techlogies, reporter moieties for the various imaging modalities, and the design of targeted probes are described in the first part. The second part illustrates how these tools can be used to visualize relevant molecular events in the living organism. Topics covered include the studies of the biodistribution of reporter probes and drugs, visualization of the expression of biomolecules such as receptors and enzymes, and how imaging can be used for analyzing consequences of the interaction of a ligand or a drug with its molecular target by visualizing signal transduction, or assessing the metabolic, physiological, or structural response of the organism studied. The final chapter deals with visualization of cell migration, for example in the context of cell therapies.The second edition covers vel developments over recent years, in particular regarding imaging techlogies (hybrid techniques) and vel reporter concepts. Novel biomedical applications have been included, where appropriate. All the chapters have been thoroughly reworked and the artwork updated.
- Author(s)Markus Rudin
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.