Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.59Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionAlcohol abuse throughout the world is associated with serious social and medical implications. Problems such as intoxication, tol- erance, and development of physical dependence have been well recognized. The central nervous system and the liver are especially affected. There is little doubt that alcohol abuse can result in organ damage, which in turn leads to deleterious health consequences to the individual. Understanding ethal action presents a special and functional diver- challenge because of its molecular simplicity sity. In fact, the ability for alcohol to disrupt cellular function is at- tributed to its cellular injury without regard to an apparent specific mechanism of action. Nevertheless, the key to an effective treatment to this problem is through research into understanding the mechan- isms underlying how ethal interacts with cells and membranes. This book is the result of a cooperative effort among scientists from many nations who met in a symposium in Taipei, Taiwan, ROC, July 1988. The focus of this book is on experimental ap- proaches to better understand the molecular mechanisms of ethal on the biological system. These recent advances in the examination of the alcohol effects on cellular function are divided into four sec- tions. The first section addresses specific actions of ethal on the central nervous system. The second section is directed to the use of cell cuI tures in ethal research and the usefulness of cell cultures in examination of the effects of ethal in vitro.
- Author(s)Albert Y. Sun,Grace Y. Sun,P. Kevin Rudeen,W. Gibson Wood,Yau-Huei Wei
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleExperimental Biology and Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.