All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMolecular Nutrition and Diabetes: A Volume in the Molecular Nutrition Series focuses on diabetes as a nutritional problem and its important metabolic consequences. Fuel metabolism and dietary supply all influence the outcome of diabetes, but understanding the pathogenesis of the diabetic process is a prelude to better nutritional control. Part One of the book provides general coverage of nutrition and diabetes in terms of dietary patterns, insulin resistance, and the glucose-insulin axis, while Part Two presents the molecular biology of diabetes and focuses on areas such as oxidative stress, mitochondrial function, insulin resistance, high-fat diets, nutriceuticals, and lipid accumulation. Final sections explore the genetic machinery behind diabetes and diabetic metabolism, including signaling pathways, gene expression, geme-wide association studies, and specific gene expression. While the main focus of each chapter is the basic and clinical research on diabetes as a nutritional problem, all chapters also end with a translational section on the implications for the nutritional control of diabetes.
- Author BiographyDidac Mauricio, MD, PhD, is currently Chief Physician and acting Head of the Department of Endocrinology & Nutrition, University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, affiliated with the Autonomous University in Barcelona. After receiving his medical degree with honors from the University of Barcelona, Dr. Mauricio completed his fellowship in Endocrinology & Nutrition at Hospital de Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain. In 1993, he presented his PhD thesis at the School of Medicine, Autonomous University of Barcelona. From 1994 to 1995, he was a post-doctoral research fellow for Professor J. Nerup at the Steno Diabetes Center & Hagedorn Research Institute in Gentofte, Denmark. Dr. Mauricio has delivered numerous invited lectures at major medical conferences, and has been principal investigator of several research projects funded by national and international agencies. He keeps a strong interest in current clinical issues in diabetes management, including randomized clinical trials, and is currently involved in projects dealing with the study of immune, metabolic, and genetic markers of autoimmune diabetes, and diabetic micro- and macroangiopathic complications. Dr. Mauricio has published more than 130 peer-reviewed articles and has contributed to multiple books, and is currently the Editor-in Chief of Endocrinologia y Nutricion, the official journal of the Spanish Society of Endocrinology & Nutrition.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication16/12/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDidac Mauricio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.