All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fun, hands-on guide to understanding the basic structure and chemistry of matter. Drawing on the Japanese art of paperfolding, the book provides rip-out patterns for 124 molecules, along with easy instructions for folding them into scale models, many of which are three-dimensional. The molecules progress from simple ones like methane to more exotic structures such as quartz and buckminsterfullerenes. Questions and discussions are included. Who will use this book? Any chemist who is young at heart might like to snip, fold, and glue, and in doing so might well come away with a deeper kwledge of the bricks of their trade. Any teacher should be able to use them as an aid to teaching, at all levels ...Anything that renders chemistry less abstract, more tangible, is to be welcomed, and this unassuming, engaging publication deserves to be well received. P. W. Atkins, THES
- Author(s)Robert Hanson
- PublisherUniversity Science Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/05/1995
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSausalito
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Science Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width215 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.