All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionA variety of plasmas include molecules rather than only ions or atoms. Examples are iospheres of the Earth and other planets, stellar atmospheres, gaseous discharges for use in various devices and processes, and fusion plasmas in the edge region. This book describes the role of molecules in those plasmas by showing elementary collision processes involving those molecules.
- Author BiographyThe author graduated from the Physics Department, University of Tokyo. As a PhD thesis, he studied the theoretical plasma physics. He has been working at the Institute of Space and Astronautical Science (before the organizational change in 1982, the Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, University of Tokyo) for more than thirty years. He is now the professor emeritus at the Institute. His main interest is in the theoretical atomic and molecular physics, particularly on the electron or photon collisions with molecules. He is also interested in the application of the atomic and molecular physics to other fields (space science, plasma physics, radiation interaction with matter, etc.). He has personally organized an activity of compilation of cross section data. He published, with his colleagues, data reviews on electron collisions with molecules such as N2, O2, CO2, and H2O. He served as the editor of the volume of the Landolt Bornstein series on electron/photon collisions with atoms, molecules, and ions.
- Author(s)Yukikazu Itikawa
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication09/08/2007
- Series TitleSpringer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 43
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note16 black & white tables, biography
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.