All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe book focuses on the understanding of molecular pathways by which rmal cell progress to the definable stage of cancer. The chapters explore microbiota and chronic inflammation, multiple myeloma chemoprevention, microRNAs, cancer regulation, liquid biopsies, and angiogenesis. Recent advances of molecular risk assessment, tumor microenvironment, microneoplasia, malignant gene expressions are highlighted to provide a means and design of future cancer prevention strategies and challenges thereupon. The volume also explores various receptor drugs that are in development process with the emphasis of inhibitors used to prevent malignant gene expression. The book bridges the gap between basic science and clinical application of current kwledge of cancer and emphasizes that tumor progression and cancer metastasis are t random - treatments and cure are logical and eventual. Expertly authored and drawing from a wealth of international perspectives, Molecular Targets and Strategies in Cancer Prevention is invaluable reading for clinicians and researchers in the fields of oncology and molecular biology.
- Author BiographyDr. Malay Chatterjee, PhD, DSc, FAScT, is Emeritus Professor from the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology at Jadavpur University (India). He is also a Member of Pharmaceutical Education Board for the Government of India. Dr. Chatterjee has published over 165 scientific papers, 8 book chapters, and he has edited two contributed volumes--one is entitled Cell Signaling & Molecular Targets in Cancer, which was published by Springer in 2012. He is an Editorial Board member of several journals including, Research Journal of Medical Science, European Journal of General Medicine, and International Journal of Pharmacology, to name a few. He has received over 2122 citations. Dr. Pierfrancesco Tassone is currently a Professor of Medical Oncology at the University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro. Dr. Tassone's research has taken him from the New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY to the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Diego, and later to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. His research focuses on an approach of translational research integrating modern molecular acquisitions and new technologies to the methodological criteria of evidence-based medicine. In particular, Dr. Tassone generated monoclonal antibodies, identifying new tumor-associated antigens, and in recent years has studied the targeting of the tumor microenvironment for the development of new therapeutic strategies especially directed to multiple myeloma and methods of individualization of treatments cancer based on the genetic context and frameworks of hereditary-familial predisposition of breast cancer. He is author of over one hundred publications in prestigious international journals and has presented at conferences worldwide.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 9 colour illustrations, 5 colour tables, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMalay Chatterjee
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.